What is Reiki?
Reiki can be defined as a non-physical healing energy comprised of life force energy
- guided by the Higher Intelligence innate in our bodies and throughout the universe.
The body is an energy system
- If the flow of Ki (energy) is disrupted, physical organs and tissues are adversely affected.
- Disruptions in the flow of energy is the main cause of illness on physical, emotional and spiritual levels.
History of Reiki
System of healing originated by Mikao Usui
- received spontaneous life-force energy during meditation on Mt. Kurama in Japan in 1914.
- devised system for channeling energy to others.
Dr. Chujiro Hayashi standardized the system we now know as Usui Reiki
- opened a Reiki clinic in Tokyo and used his treatment model as a guide.
Hawayo Takata brought Reiki to the West
- received Reiki healing in Japan in the 1930s from Dr. Hayashi and brought it home to Hawai'i.
What do Reiki practitioners do?
Reiki practitioners have been given attunements that allow them to channel bio-energetic activity
- uses a series of hand placements to guide the energy along the chakra pathways.
Help unblock, balance and regulate the flow of energy for optimal integration and healing
- Skilled healers can sense energetic changes that help them discern where more focus may be needed.
- Healing takes place on physical, emotional and spiritual levels, depending on the recipients' needs.
What are chakras?
Chakra is a Sanskrit word for a wheel or 'turning', representing energy 'centre' in the physical and ethereal body, which transmits life force (energy) to and from the body. Each Chakra has a specific colour, corresponding to a specific organ in the body as well as to the person's emotions and thoughts. At perfect health each Chakra is clear and balanced.
The Seven main Chakras (listed below) are situated along the centre of the body, running from the crown to the base of the spine.
The Chakras and their locations in the body-
Chakras were first mentioned in a number of ancient Hindu texts, and have found their way into the yogic traditions and medical practices of Buddhism and Hinduism around five thousand years ago. While there are numerous Chakras points in the physical and ethereal body, the Seven main Chakras are best known for their powers to heal the corresponding organs in the body.
When the Chakras are clear and balanced the life-energy flows freely in and out. People usually attest for health and wellbeing. Yet, when negative emotions and thoughts block the Chakras, tiredness, illnesses and unhappiness follow. It is possible to clear the Chakras through Reiki session and other healings. Removing the blockages opens up the Chakra to the free flow of energy which empowers the person on physical and spiritual levels. With the Chakras' energy flowing normally, people report feeling peace and calmness, and having positive outlook on life with a better understanding of their goals. Chakras & Health